Friday, January 27, 2006

 

Friday

1. Our new Intel based Imacs arrived today. i have to admit I'm impressed. They even have an Ipod-shuffle looking remote control that smartly attaches to the side of the LCD so it doesn't get lost when its not being used.

2. I learned that we haven't figured out how to get a projector to work with an HP NC6000 running Windows 2003 server. Works fine with Xp,.. and we tried applying the XP driver to the 2003 machine, and the driver installs succesfully but refuses to send the image to the projector. I am going to have to look at this myself on Monday.

3. looks like we are getting a new platform to port one of the products to. Solaris x64 here we come ! Amazingly not only is Solaris 10 free but the Sun Studio 11 is free too. I paid $1,000 for it last year (version 8 command line edition) - how irritating! Could be worse I suppose, I could have bought 10 power pc based macs 2 weeks before the intel announcement...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?