Thursday, January 26, 2006

 

Thursday

1. SGI is a pretty terrible company to do business with. As I'm sure everyone remembers I had to jump through major hoops to purchase their debugger. Our developers were still having issues and noticed that the version of the of the debugger that we are using is not the latest and greatest. The most recent patch for the debugger was released in early 2005, so it makes no sense why the software I purchased does not have the most current version. I called SGI to inquire about how to get an update to the debugger. The friendly support rep asked me if I bought a support contract when I bought the debugger, of course I didn't. He said I would have to buy the software again to get the most current version.. after beating my head against the phone I explained that I bought the software 2 weeks ago and for some reason they didn't ship me the most current version. So "out of courtesy" the rep agreed to ship me the most recent version of the software. He had no idea as to why they shipped me a version that was 3 years old !!

2. One of my faithful commentors, Christy - mentioned my car might have a distributor cap problem... unfortunately my 97' cavalier doesn't have a distributor cap :( but it is definitely something with the starting mechanism... I'm going to take it Auto-Zone for some free testing. Thanks for the suggestion and keep them coming !

3. Is it really possible that Apple offers no upgrade path from OS X Server 10.3 to 10.4 ? I really have to go out and buy a completely new license ?

Comments:
Way to go Christy!!! You must be a mechanic momma!!! WOOHOOO!!!

Brian did you have any idea the FOA girls had so much knowledge?
 
How the hell does Christy know about distributer caps?
 
what the hell are distributer caps?
 
That is because Christy is so cool.. it must be a requirement to be user in sparkly magic.
 
Sorry I haven't checked in lately!! Been out of town and very busy! Too bad it's not the distributor cap. Hopefully Autozone can help you figure it out!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?