Saturday, January 14, 2006

 

What I learned on Saturday

1. Ben Watson is my new hero. He ran over 100 yards to catch Champ Bailey and stop him from returning a 100 yd. Interception back for a touchdown. Back my football days, I played offensive line and whenever the QB threw an interception it was always sort of fun to hustle down field and light up some unsuspecting defender who was sleeping on the job. Mr. Watson displayed that hustle and even though the Broncos scored on the very next play it was still awesome to see him give 100% and catch that corner.

2. I really dont' like AOL. I have had bad experiences in the past with all the software that they put on the machine of a subscriber, but today was especially irritating. This machine had AOL's "Spyware protection" or whatever they call it and yet when I put Symantec Antivirus v10 and MS Anti-spyware software on it, it found multiple running processes as well a couple dlls and registry keys. I understand that one Anti-spyware product can't detect everything, but as far as I know -- AOL is the only one that has commercials touting it superiority to anything else out there. Personally I recommend JavaCool's Spyware Blaster - as a protective measure. MS' AntiSpyware and PepiMk's SpyBot Search and Destroy as both protective measures and scanners. Not to mention the fact that after I uninstalled all AOL components in Add/Remove Programs -- the Service "AOL Top Speed" still existed as well as the system Icon...

3. Thanks to a friendly reader named Chris - I learned that I can email my blog updates to this site as opposed to having to trips out to the site and do the updates. Thanks, Chris !

Comments:
Okay, so I still don't understand most of your blog, but Rich does enjoy reading your updates when I call him in to see them. I told him he needs to bookmark your site so he can visit without me calling him in. Ah, the language of technogeeks!
 
Thanks for the info about spyware and virus protection. I need to check my PC out and see how it's doing, so maybe I'll look into some of the programs you mentioned.

I guess having a friend with a Techo-Genius husband might come in handy!!

p.s. I hope you were able to dry Beth's laptop out! I'd hate to think she might be MIA if here computer craps out on her!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?