Wednesday, January 11, 2006

 

What I learned on Wednesday

1. Since gdb doesn't work with pthreads on IRIX - I had to purchase the IRIX debugger. So - just go to the website and buy it from their online store... right ? Oh wait. there is no online store, you have to call their 800-number and talk to someone. So after I explain that I just want the debugger, not the compiler - because we are using gcc - they explain i need to buy the compiler to get the command line debugger. They offer the compiler to me at the rock bottom price of only $2340. They won't accept a PO and force me to use a credit card. This was back on 12/30. The CD's finally arrived today. There were about 15 discs in the package and the flexlm key on the outside expired on March 14, 2004. Weird. So I put the MIPS pro C++ disc in and looked for the command line debugger... no luck.. I put the ProDev disc in and the command line debugger was on that disc. Whatever.

2. Thanks to a helpful reader I learned that you can install J2SE via the command line if you grab the generic package as opposed to using the Installshield based installer.

3. I think I need to do this blogging at work when I actually have this stuff top of mind.

4. Our Inter-Tel phone system can only support one hold music source unless we buy an option card.

5. For some reason there about 20 LTO tapes put in "FROZEN" status (using Netbackup 5.1 Mp2) I wonder if its the media or the drive...(.There are 5 reasons media might be frozen.)

Comments:
Bummer about the hold music options. I always like it when companies have a variety of music, and NOT classical. Make sure it's not turned up too loud too. That's very annoying.

;-)
 
What I learned today - that reading Brian Fletcher's blog is like reading Spanish - I understand about every 3rd or 4th word.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?