Wednesday, January 18, 2006

 

What I learned on Wednesday

1. Despite the fact that is not listed - OpenSSL is a prereq for Curl on Solaris.

2. This will be my last blog for a few days until I can see again - unaided I hope !! The big surgery is tomorrow and today they verified that they are doing PRK not LASIK, because of my thin corneas. I have my Chronicles of Narnia books on CD and my Lord of the Rings on CD to keep me busy while I am unable to look at a computer for the next couple days..

3. Thanks to my faithful commenters. the FOA girls - I hope you guys will be alright without my blog for a couple days ! :)

4. Lastly - It is incredibly easy to setup windows 2003 server as a Pop3 email server. I just installed the Pop3 service via add/remove programs -> windows components then I defined the domain and mailboxes within the Pop3 mmc snapin. The only gotcha in the whole process is that the domain can not already exist on the SMTP server - it has to be created via the POP3 server. Also - in order to get "local user" authentication to work I needed to enable SPA on both the server and the client.

Comments:
Brian,
Good luck with your surgery! What are we going to do with your blog. Maybe you can dictate some information to Beth and she can type it for you! (Just kidding!) Feel better!
 
Have a safe surgery.
 
Good luck with your surgery today!! I hope everything goes well!!!

We'll miss you!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?