Sunday, February 19, 2006

 

Friday , Saturday

1. I need to post a sign above the thermostat in my server room. It should say "This thermostat controls only the temperature in this room. It does not control any of the private offices on the floor." I learned that I need this sign because when I walked into the server room on Friday some brainiac had pushed both units all the way to 90 degrees. I later learned it was the Chairman of the Board who was having cooling issues in his office and decided to adjust "any thermostat he could find" The thermostat had been adjusted for about 30 minutes before I walked in and the temp had already reached 80 degrees, and my VMS cluster had shutdown from the heat. Luckily no one was using the cluster on Friday, as when I brought it back online one of the disks would not mount. So I let the whole thing rest this weekend. Hopefully it will come to life on Monday morning.

2. If you change the password on the anonymous IIS user, it is wise to remember to change it on all of your sites that use anonymous access... if you don't .. the sites will no longer work !

Comments:
Funny! Did you rip him a new one? Just kidding! I would definitely post that sign next to the thermostat though!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?