Saturday, February 11, 2006

 

Saturday

1. It is very possible to "break" a spark plug when removing it. I have the Chilton guide on my cavalier and I read the section on replacing the spark plugs. It said to never use a flexible extension as you might end up putting direct pressure on the plug and cause it to break, which would end up in "frustrating and costly repairs". I figured I had no problem since I did not have a flexible extension, my extension was steel alloy. I got the first three plugs out without a whole lot of effort. The fourth plug wouldn't budge. So I pulled a little harder. Then it snapped. Without knowing for sure , I am guessing that removing the head and having the plug removed is going to cost more then the car is worth. So frustrating as the car was working just dandy this morning, but I was trying to get to the bottom of the whole "not starting when it is wet" thing.

Comments:
I am so sorry to hear about your car. I hope it is an inexpensive fix. I will keep my fingers crossed!
 
That sucks. I changed my sparkplugs once. The cap where you put the oil in was leaking so the oil got all over my wrench and it ended up losing grip and slipping. I hit my hand on something cut my knuckle so bad it wouldn't stop bleeding for hours. I probably needed stitches. I ended up having it towed 400 feet to a auto shop so they could finish up my job! Luckily I did not break the plug. . .I will never change any plugs again.

I hope it doesn't cost too much to get it fixed. Nothing sucks more than having to shell out alot of cash on repairs for a car.

Good luck!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?