Wednesday, February 01, 2006

 

Wednesday

1. VMS Part II - so we finally got the cluster master to come online w/out it trying to mount the dead disk. The other cluster member was still trying to mount the dead drive though. So I had to go into a conversational boot. Luckily I noticed the conversational boot flag for the Alpha 4100 is -flags 0,1 so in order to boot our machine I did boot -flags 0,1 dkb0 then we went in and tried to find the disk_names.dat file that the Alpha used when booting. After locating the file we found that we couldn't edit very well due to the terminal type setting, Nothing we tried worked so we ended up using edit/edt and just deleting the line in question. The cluster is back online but minus the broken disk.

2.I learned that I have no idea where the permissions are defined for access to CIFS shares on the AS/400. I also learned that iAccess isn't working on our NT4 system that is running on a card inside the 400.

3. I forgot that on Monday I learned I'm offically at 20/20 vision ! My left eye is definitely weaker then the right, but hopefully it will catch up soon !

Comments:
Grat news about your eyes!!! So are you saying you don't have x-ray vision?? Bummer for you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?